In 10 years of primary care and urgent care medicine, I’ve vetted quite a few resources, and have some personal favorites. I figured I would share those with you, whether “you” are a PA student, new graduate, or practicing PA-C looking for recommendations. These are broken down into Apps and books, as some resources are unavailable in digital form, or are just truly best in book form.
Apps ON MY PHONE
- UpToDate — APPLE, ANDROID
- MDCalc — APPLE, ANDROID
- PowerMic Mobile — APPLE, ANDROID
- VIP Access — APPLE, ANDROID
- Zoom — APPLE, ANDROID
- Teams — APPLE, ANDROID
BEST BOOKS TO HAVE ON HAND
- Pfenninger and Fowler’s Procedures for Primary Care
- Bright Futures: Guidelines for Health Supervision of Infants, Children, and Adolescents
- Fitzpatrick’s Color Atlas AND SYNOPSIS OF CLINICAL DERMATOLOGY: 8th Ed
- Fracture Management for Primary Care and Emergency Medicine: 4th Edition
- Rapid Interpretation of EKG’s: 6th Revised ed. Edition
- Pocket Medicine: The Massachusetts General Hospital Handbook of Internal Medicine: 7th Edition
- Symptom to Diagnosis An Evidence Based Guide, Fourth Edition: 4th Edition
- 5-Minute Clinical Consult 2022 (The 5-Minute Consult Series) Thirtieth Edition
That’s my list of the most essential Primary Care resources that I think that you’ll need. If you have a favorite not on this list, then give me a shout.
DISCLAIMERS: 1) The views expressed here are our own and do not necessarily represent the views of our employers. 2) We don’t know what we don’t know. Feel free to message us if you don’t agree with something that you read. 3) We do have affiliate agreements with companies. By clicking on our links and making any purchases, we may earn some money on those generated sales. We also will earn some money by purchasing the books via the links above.
#thebetterwaytopa #thepablueprint #physicianassistant #physicianassistants #physicianassociates #physicianassistantstudent #physicianassistantlife #physicianassistantstudies #pastudent #palife #pasdothat #paschoollife #pastudentlife #burnout #paschool #pasofinstagram #medicine #career #healthcare #success #resilient #doctor #nurse #nursepractitioner #growth #covid